UPSC Recruitment 2016 | Apply Online now for Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam for 208 Vacancies:
UPSC Recruitment 2016 i.e. Union Public Service Commission has announced a notification for the recruitment of 208 Geologist, Geophysicist, Chemist, Junior Hydro-geologist (Scientist B) vacancies in the Geological Survey of India, Central Ground Water Board by conducting Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist exam. Interested eligible candidates can apply online for UPSC Recruitment 2016 from 06-feb-2016 to 04-march-2016 till 11:59 pm. Other important details regarding these vacancies like age limit, educational qualification, process of selection and how to apply online are given below.
Details of UPSC Recruitment 2016:
Total Number of Vacancies: 208 Vacancies
Name of the Exam: Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam 2016
Name of the Vacancies:
1. Category I (Vacancies in Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines): 206 Vacancies
a. Geologist, Group A: 121 Vacancies
b. Geophysicist, Group A: 56 Vacancies
c. Chemist, Group A: 29 Vacancies
2. Category II (Vacancies in Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources): 02 Vacancies
a. Junior Hydrogeologist (Scientist B), Group A: 02 Vacancies
Age Limit: Eligible candidates age must be between 21 to 32 yrs for vacancies of Category I and 21 to 35 yrs for vacancies of Category II as on 01-jan-2016. Age relaxation is provided as per rules.
Educational Qualification: Eligible candidates must have possessed Master’s Degree in Geological Science/ Geology/ Applied Geology/ Geo-Exploration for Geologist vacancies, M.Sc. in Physics/ Applied Physics/ M.Sc (Geophysics) for Geophysicist vacancies, M.Sc in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry/ Analytical Chemistry for Chemist vacancies, Master’s Degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology for Junior Hydro-geologist vacancies.
Process of Selection : Candidates will be selected on the basis of :
- Written Examination
- Interview (PI)
Application Fee: Eligible candidates have to pay Rs. 200/– and candidates can deposit fee either in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore or by using any Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card. There will be no fee for SC/ ST/ PH female candidates.
How to Apply: Interested eligible candidates can apply online for UPSC Recruitment 2016 through the website www.upsconline.nic.in from 06-feb-2016 to 04-mar-2016 till 11:59 pm.
Instructions to Apply Online:
1. Candidate must scan copies of photograph and signature before applying online.
2. Log on to website “www.upsconline.nic.in”.
3. Click on “Online Application” for various UPSC examinations.
4. Click on “Part – I” or “Part – II” Registration”.
5. Read all the instructions carefully, fill all the details and then submit the application form.
6. After successful registration a unique registration ID will be assigned , note down ID and password carefully.
7. Now fill your personal profile, contact details and age relaxation if applicable.
8. Now fill details of education qualification, experience.
9. Now fill the details regarding Professional Registration, Language, Miscellaneous Module.
10. Now choose the Recruitment Test Centre.
11. Now upload documents in Document Upload Module
12. After uploading photograph and signature then preview the ORA form and check all filled details carefully.
13. Now click on “Submit” button.
14. Candidates can pay fee Online by using the Internet banking facility in SBI or other associated banks or can pay through Visa/ Master Debit or Credit card issued by any Bank.
15. Then transaction ID and the Date of Registration details will uploaded directly automatically.
16. Pay the fee through cash at any branch of State Bank of India through the Pay slip.
17. A transaction ID will be given, candidates can again revisit the website and click on the “Click here to view your previous/ currently active “ applications.
18. Log – in by registration ID and password, you can see “My Active Application (My draft Application)” link.
19. Now fill the details of transaction – ID and Date of Transaction if fee is paid through cash.
20. Click on “Continue” button , check the details of fee and submit the application.
21. Now take the printout copies of application and attach the attested copies of all documents then keep it for future use.
Starting Date for Applying Online : 06-feb-2016
Last Date to Pay Fee using Pay by Cash Mode : 03-mar-2016 till 11:59 pm.
Last Date for Applying Online : 04-mar-2016 till 11:59 pm.
Last Date to Pay Fee using Debit/ Credit Card/ Internet Banking : 04-mar-2016 till 25:59 hrs
Date of Examination : 13-may-2016
Examination Centre’s : Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Delhi, Dispur, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Kolkata , Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna, Shillong, Shimla, Thiruvananthapuram.
Date of Verification of Documents : July/August 2016
For getting more details regarding UPSC Recruitment 2016 click on the link given below…